ASTech Awards Nominations
Do you know an individual, team or company inspiring innovation in Alberta, paving the way for leaders of tomorrow or developing amazing products or research? Bring their work to the forefront of Alberta's innovation community and help them receive the recognition their hard work deserves. NOMINATE them for a 2016 ASTech Award!
Awards will be presented during ASTech 2.0 ACCELERATE and Next Gen Innovators Showcase on October 28, 2016 at the Chateau Lacombe in Edmonton, Alberta.
2016 Nominations are NOW CLOSED.
Six sponsored Awards include a cash prize of $10,000. Click on the Award name to view the criteria for that Award.
- Innovation Spectrum Awards (5): Research (Science; Technology), Development (Applied Technology & Innovation), Commercialization (Start-Up; Achievement)
- Industry Sector Awards (4): Agriculture, Environment, ICT, Oil Sands
- Leadership Awards (4): Public Awareness, Leader of Tomorrow, Societal Impact, Community Leader
NEW NOMINATION GUIDELINE in 2016
There is a new guideline in effect regarding nominations in subsequent years:
- A nominee (person/group/team/organization) may be nominated a maximum of two years in a row for the same achievement. After two subsequent nominations, the nominee and the same achievement are ineligible for nomination the following (3rd) year UNLESS the achievement is significantly different or is a new achievement. The nominee and the same achievement could be nominated again after one year's absence from the nomination process.
STEP 1 - Create an account and complete the nomination form. IMPORTANT: To be successful, the nomination MUST draw a parallel between the specific Award criteria and the accomplishments of the nominee. You are welcome to print nomination criteria and work on your submission offline before submitting online.
On the online form, answer each question to provide an explanation of how the achievements of the nominee address the specific criteria for the Award category. This is the heart of the nomination: be sure to completely and throughly answer all questions in the space provided; this is the only document adjudicators will rely on to assess the work of the nominee.
After completing and submitting the electronic form, you will be able to go back to your nomination form, make additional changes, and upload supporting documentation at your convenience. This can be done multiple times up until May 31, 2016. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully.
STEP 2 - Compile the required supporting documents.
- 2-3 independent letters supporting the achievements and the nomination (see below for more information); and
- Signed letter of attestation by the nominee which can be downloaded from within the nomination form.
- NOTE: Start Up and Commercial Awards require financial statements.
STEP 3 - Upload the supporting documents.
To complete the nomination process, log in, go back to your nomination form, make additional changes, upload supporting documentation, and save your changes. You can do this as many times as required until the nominations deadline of May 31, 2016.
We will send you reminder emails before the deadline while your submission is incomplete. Nominations that remain Incomplete after the deadline will not be considered.
SAMPLE LETTER OF SUPPORT
Click here for an excellent example of a support letter, which is a vital piece of the nomination package. This letter was deemed exemplary by the adjudication panel because it:
- Was on letterhead and written by a highly credible individual;
- Supported both the person and the company being nominated with fact-based information beyond mere opinion;
- Illustrated examples of achievement: successful partnerships, operational wins, bold leadership, community support;
- Drew attention to important milestones; and
- Was genuine and heart-felt.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact: