ASTech is Hiring!
JOB DESCRIPTION: OFFICE MANAGER
The ASTech Foundation inspires the next generation of innovation in Alberta through the year-round promotion of outstanding achievement and leadership in science and technology. In addition to promoting stories of success through the ASTech Alumni Speaker's Bureau, our signature event is the ASTech Awards and Next Gen Innovators Showcase. We present 13 awards annually to honour the innovation spectrum, sector-specific achievement and leadership.
We require a part-time Office Manager with strong bookkeeping and organizational skills. This position requires a commitment of one day per week (32 hours per month; hours of work are flexible) working partly in the office, partly virtually. Extra hours are required in September and October to approximately 2.5 days per week. This is an eight-month contract position from May 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016 with an option for renewal on an annual basis starting January 1, 2017. We are a small office team and this is a key position to help keep us on track.
- Financial administration in QuickBooks including AR, AP, supplier invoicing, ticket sales, bank reconciliation, etc.
- Contact management for the Patrons and sponsors.
- Board of Directors management: meeting notices, attendance, minutes.
- Managing ticket sales for one major event annually through the online system.
- Managing intake of nominations annually through the online system.
- Supporting organization and logistics of the ASTech Awards and Next Gen Innovators Showcase in October.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- The Executive Director.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Send a cover letter and your resume, stating qualifications, availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- 5:00pm Friday April 15, 2016. All candidates will be contacted by Wednesday, April 20.