This award is presented to an individual, team or organization that has demonstrated leadership and innovation resulting in the successful development and/or commercialization of a novel product or application of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and that has had a significant impact in enabling applications in a sector. Nominations should demonstrate the translation of innovative concepts into successful applications or commercial products that substantially increase the overall efficiency and operational improvement in the chosen market sector of the application.
This award is sponsored by TELUS which provides a cash prize of $10,000 to the winner.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria:
Novelty of innovation
- Describe the innovation and how it is unique.
Development of innovation
- Describe or demonstrate how the innovation has progressed from concept to application.
Demonstrate social and economic impact
- Describe how the application of the technology has created new more effective processes or changed the business model for doing business in an industry sector.
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta's economy?